This section describes how to install the Connector installation package into your OWCS system.
Important: If you are upgrading from a previous version of the Connector, please follow the instructions in Upgrading from a Previous Version of the Connector.
Before you install the Connector, verify that you have reviewed the system requirements, and created or modified the user who will install the Connector, as described in Before You Install.
These instructions refer to the following directories:
The root directory of your OWCS installation.
For example: <D:\Oracle\Sites>.
Note: The futuretense.ini file is in this directory.
The root directory for the cs webapp hosted by your application server.
Note: The cs webapp is the main UI web application for OWCS. The Connector adds on to the cs webapp by enhancing the Contributor interface and adding the Clay Tablet Dashboard interface.
|<install-working-folder>||The directory where you download and extract all the content of the Clay Tablet Connector installation package, for example: <D:\CTT\wcs-connector>.|
To install the Connector into OWCS:
- Download the Clay Tablet Connector ("Connector") delivery package, CTC-OracleWCS-v1.0.10.zip , from the link that Clay Tablet Technologies sends you.
- Unzip the CTC-OracleWCS-v1.10.zip installation package into any working folder on your server, which is referred to as <install-working-folder>.
Note: Alternatively, you can unzip the installation package on your local machine, and transfer the unzipped files to your server, later, when required.
Important: Delete any previous installation packages from this folder.
- WebLogic 11g application server only. Modify persistence.xml based on the data source type.
Modify <install-working-folder>/installer/cs/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml so that its configuration matches the properties of the data source, where the data for the Connector will be stored. There are pre-configured, commented-out sections for WebLogic with the Oracle data source and WebLogic with the SQLServer data source in persistence.xml. Uncomment the appropriate section and save your change.
- Deploy the Connector library and web resources to <cs-webapp-root>. The Connector requires some jar files and web resource files from the <install-working-folder>/installer/cs directory.
- Copy all the subdirectories from <install-working-folder>/installer/cs, into your web application’s <cs-webapp-root> folder.
- Perform the following steps:
- Rename <cs-webapp-root>\js\fw\fw_ui.js to fw_ui.js.bak.
- Copy <cs-webapp-root>\js\fw\fw_ui.js.uncompressed.js to <cs-webapp-root>\js\fw\fw_ui.js.
- Open the following file for editing: <cs-webapp-root>\js\fw\fw_ui.js.
- Search for the following line: case "checkincheckout":
Tip: This line should be at or around line 81752 in an OWCS 184.108.40.206 installation, and at or around line 76704 in OWCS 220.127.116.11.1 installation.
- Insert the following block before that line:
nextViewType = "bulktranslation";
- Save your change.
- Update the web application’s web.xml file to configure the Connector's Java application context and its servlet filter. If Clay Tablet is involved in an HTTP session, this releases Clay Tablet resources and closes the database connection at the end of the session.
- Add the following lines to <cs-webapp-root>/WEB-INF/web.xml immediately before the first <context-param> entry:
- Add the following lines to <cs-webapp-root>/WEB-INF/web.xml immediately before the first <filter> entry:
- Add the following lines to <cs-webapp-root>/WEB-INF/web.xml just before the first <filter-mapping> entry:
- Save your web.xml file.
The Connector stores data in a data source provided by the application server. By default, the Connector stores data in the same data source that OWCS uses, and it creates new tables in the data source alongside the tables that OWCS creates and manages. However, you can configure OWCS to use a separate database to store its data, which separates the Connector's data from OWCS's data. To specify a separate database:
- Open <OWCS_ROOT>/futuretense.ini for editing.
- Add the following new line: csct.dbconnpicture=<jndi_name_of_the_data_source>
- Save your change.
Important: Do not restart your OWCS instance until you perform the next step.
- Import the Connector's custom elements using WSDT (Oracle WebCenter Sites Developer Tools), formerly CSDT, into your OWCS instance.
Note: The Connector is built with a series of
SiteEntry pairs, as well as one
FW_View asset and one FW_Application asset. You must import all these into your OWCS instance using the WebCenter Sites Developer Tools (WSDT, formerly CSDT).
Use WSDT to connect to your OWCS instance, and import all the elements in the <install-working-folder>/installer/csdt/export/envision/cs_workspace/.
Note about Eclipse: If you use the OWCS plugin for Eclipse, you can use the Sync to WebCenter Sites feature. Otherwise, import the elements using the command-line tool, as described below:
- Edit <OWCS_ROOT>/futuretense.ini to point your WSDT folder to <install-working-folder>/installer/csdt/export.
- Locate the line starting with cs.csdtfolder.
- Change the path to <install-working-folder>/installer/csdt/export.
- In your path, replace back slashes (\) with forward slashes (/), and add a back slash (\) before a colon (:), for example: D\:/CTT/wcs-connector/installer/csdt/export.
- Save your change and close the file.
- Restart your application server.
- In the <install-working-folder>/installer/csdt/ folder, edit csdt.bat.
- Edit line 8 to set <OWCS_ROOT>.
- Edit line 9 to set CS_WEBAPP_ROOT=<cs-webapp-root>.
- Edit lines 20-22 to specify the server address, username, and password for your specific OWCS instance.
- Save your changes and close the file.
- In Windows Explorer, press the Shift button and right-click, and select Open command window here from the context menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type csdt.bat and press Enter. This tests whether the path is correctly specified.
A few hundred lines of output will be displayed. The last two lines start with FW_Application and FW_View, respectively.
- To perform the actual importing, in the same Command Prompt window, type csdt.bat import and press Enter.
A few hundred lines of output will be displayed. Success will be displayed on the last line.
- This step is required only for OWCS version 18.104.22.168.1. Use the CatalogMover to install support for context menus.
- In Windows Explorer, open the <OWCS_ROOT> directory, for example D:\Oracle\WebCenter\Sites\11gR1\Sites\22.214.171.124.1.
- Double-click catalogmover.bat.
The CatalogMover window opens.
Important: Ensure that OWCS is running before you open the Catalog Mover.
- Select Server > Connect from the menu.
- Use fwadmin or the ContentServer user to log in to to connect to your OWCS instance.
Notes: The default password for fwadmin is xceladmin. Select the last connection option, CS Based Servlets (/cs/CatalogManager).
- After you are connected, select Catalog > Import Catalog from the menu.
- In the Catalog Data window, select the <install-working-folder>/BP-addon/BP-context-menu.zip file, and click Save.
- Click OK to import the file, accepting all the defaults when prompted by the CatalogMover.
- Scan the output results in the Results for Import Catalogs window to verify that the elements were imported correctly. If there are no errors, then the elements were imported correctly.
- You can close the CatalogMover now.
- Create the CTUser, CTSiteAdmin, and CTAdmin user roles. The Connector uses these roles in OWCS for authorization:
- Any user with the CTUser role sees the Translation menu in the Contributor application icon and the corresponding interface for the specified sites.
- Any user with the CTSiteAdmin role can access both of the following interfaces for assigned sites:
- the Clay Tablet Dashboard application icon and the corresponding interface for site-specific configuration such as jobs, translation queue, and PO number
- the Translation menu in the Contributor application icon and the corresponding interface for the specified sites
- Any user with the CTAdmin role can access both of the following interfaces for all sites (globally):
- the Clay Tablet Dashboard application icon and the corresponding interface
- the Translation menu in the Contributor application icon and the corresponding interface
Important: This step is required to display the Translation menu in the Contributor interface .
To create these user roles:
- Log in again to OWCS.
- In the Oracle Admin interface , create the CTUser, CTSiteAdminand CTAdmin roles.
- Assign your own user the CTAdmin role to AdminSite and to any other site where you will use the Connector.
- Assign any users who will be site administrators the CTSiteAdmin role to the sites they will manage.
For detailed instructions on creating user roles and assigning roles to users, refer to Oracle's Fusion Middleware WebCenter Sites Administrator's Guide, which is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webcenter/sites/documentation/index.html.
- Assign the CTAdmin role to the OWCS batch user for all sites. This enables the batch user to perform translation-related tasks in the background.
Note: The fwadmin user and the OWCS batch user is specified by the xcelerate.batchuser entry in the futuretense_xcel.ini file.
- To verify that the installation was successful:
- Log in to OWCS.
- Click the Clay Tablet Dashboard application icon .
- Verify that the Clay Tablet Dashboard interface is displayed as expected, and that it looks like the screen capture below.