You can configure a workflow process, steps, and states for your site in the Admin interface . If properly configured:
- When you send out assets for translation, you specify the workflow process, and the target OWCS asset is inserted into the workflow in the CT: Pending Translation state.
- When the translated asset returns from translation, the OWCS asset automatically advances to the CT: Translated, Pending Approval state.
- When you resend the asset for translation, it reverts to the CT: Pending Translation state.
To configure a workflow, you perform the following general steps:
- In the sites where you will enable the workflow, assign the CTUser role to the DefaultReader and ContentReader users. The background process uses these users to advance the workflow between steps. For detailed instructions, see Assigning the CTUser Role to Users.
- In the sites where you will enable the workflow, assign the CTUser role to the users who will use the workflow. The instructions are similar to those in the previous step.
- In the sites where you will enable the workflow, assign the CTAdmin role to the users who will set up the workflow and reassign assets that get stuck in the workflow to other users. The instructions are similar to those in step 1.
- Log in to OWCS as a user to whom you assigned the CTAdmin role, so that you can set up the workflow.
- Create the CT: Pending Translation and CT: Translated, Pending Approval workflow states. For detailed instructions, see Creating the Workflow States.
- Create the CT: Approval for Content workflow process and the four steps within it. For detailed instructions, see Creating the Workflow Process and Steps.
- If you did not use the default names for the CT: Resend for Translation and CT: Send for Translation steps, then in the Clay Tablet Dashboard interface , change these names also in the System Configuration page, as described in Configuring Global Connector Settings.