The first step in sending assets out for translation is collecting them. After you collect assets, you organize them into jobs. Each job can contain one or more assets.
Important: OWCS supports assets that are either Web pages or attachments, such as Microsoft Word files. However, the Connector supports sending out for translation only assets that are Web pages. The Connector does not support sending out for translation assets that are attachments.
You collect assets for translation in the Contributor interface:
- When an asset is selected in the Site Tree or in the Content Tree in the navigation pane on the left, you can select Translation > Translate Asset from the menu.
- If the Site Tree bar is selected at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left, then you can right-click on an asset in this tree and select Translate or Translate Branch from the context menu that opens.
- If the Content Tree bar is selected at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left, then you can right-click on an asset in this tree and select Translate or Translate Children.
There are multiple ways to collect assets for translation:
- For instructions on collecting a single asset for translation, see Collecting One Asset for Translation.
- For instructions on collecting multiple assets for translation, see Collecting Multiple Assets for Translation.
Note: When you collect multiple assets, you can filter them so that you add certain ones to specific jobs or you can send them to the Translation Queue. For details, see Filtering Assets in a List.